A trademark is a very important feature of the modern human world. It helps us distinguish real good and services from fake and unoriginal ones. A trademark thus holds a very important position in a business as not only give the business a way to connect with their customers but also gives a business way to preserve their uniqueness, and helps them to remain distinguishable from other business’ which provide a similar service. When trademarking their service, one should always opt for trademark registration. This helps the business to uphold their trademark and make sure it is not misused by someone.
There are a lot of advantages to this, which can be seen in the following:
- Registering a trademark gives a complete exclusive right to use the mark on the services or the goods that the business provides. Any amount of unauthorized use of the trademark is not possible if the trademark is registered. The business can easily sue any unauthorized use of the trademark, if the trademark has been registered under the business.
- Transferring trademarks is easy when the trademarks are registered. In case of a common law trademark, the trademark can be transferred only when done with the business.
- Licensing is possible in case of a registered trademark. A trademark register can be used to record the trademark license so that if and when any sort of infringement takes place the licensee can have the rights to call for legal proceedings to take place.
- A registered trademark can be used as a form of security, business can use the registered trademark as a way of providing security when taking loans.
- In foreign countries, a registered trademark empowers businesses to gain registration which facilitates protection of the business or the brand associated with the brand around the world.
- A registered trademark can be treated as an intangible property. The reputation of product or the goodwill of the product is stored and expressed in the form of a registered trademark.
As we see above, trademark registration is a very important step when establishing a business. Its gives a huge amount of security and protection to the brand of the product or service and makes sure that the business stands out as a unique brand which connect with their customer base successfully and can be easily distinguishable from other products providing the same kind of service.